A (fairly) quick version of Muhammara, a dairy-free dip with a sweet smoky flavour.
- 3 red peppers
- 100g walnuts toasted, plus a few extra to garnish
- 1.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs (or those ones you froze months ago hoping you’d find a use for them)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Cook red peppers under grill or hot oven for 20-25 minutes until a little charred. Transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm for 10 mins to help loosen skins.
- When cool, peel away the skins, discard seeds and put flesh into a food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Whizz until smooth. Season to taste and garnish with a drizzle of molasses, some chopped parsley and a sprinkle of nuts.
- Serve with veggie sticks and slices of flat bread or pitta.
(Recipe stolen from Woman&Home August 2022 edition, because it looked so delicious and shop bought ones are often quite horrid).