Parmesan-crusted Cod with Steamed Greens
Another recipe given to us by the lovely Joy Skipper. And this one is soooo easy.
A delicious gluten-free crusted fish recipe that is served with crunchy greens for great texture with the soft, delicate fish.
75g ground almonds
75g Parmesan, grated
1 garlic glove, crushed
1 tbsp chopped parsley
freshly milled black pepper
4 x 225g cod fillets
125g broccoli florets
100g mange tout
150g frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6.
- In a bowl mix together the ground almonds, Parmesan, garlic, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, chopped parsley and black pepper, mix to a paste.
- Place the cod fillets in a roasting tin skin side down, and divide the topping between them pressing it onto the top of the fish. Cut the lemon in half and place in the roasting tin with the fish and then bake for 15-18 minutes, until the fish is cooked through (it should be opaque).
- Meanwhile, steam the green vegetables for 6-8 minutes, until tender.
- Serve the fish with the steamed veg.