I stole this recipe from Woman&Home magazine (November 2021) because it’s so lush. Perfect for meat-free Mondays.
400g prepared butternut squash (actually you can get this in the freezer cabinet too)
3 garlic cloves skin on
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large leeks, trimmed and cut into rounds
100g cashew nuts
250ml plant-based milk
2tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika
400g macaroni pasta (or your fave shape)
few sprigs thyme
1. Heat oven to 180C Gas 4. Drizzle the squash and garlic with tbsp of oil and roast for 30 mins until tender. After 10 mins, add the leeks.
2. Meanwhile place cashews in a bowl with the milk, mustard powder and paprika. Cook pasta to al dente in boiling water.
3. Carefully squeeze garlic out of the skins (from the oven) and place in blender with the roasted squash, cashews and milk mix.
4. Drain pasta and reserve 50ml of the pasta water. Mix pureed squash with pasta water and then stir into the pasta with the leeks (If freezing, then stop at this point, cool and wrap dish for freezer).
5. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and thyme leaves and drizzle with remaining oil. Place back in oven for 10-15 mins until piping hot and breadcrumbs are golden.
458 cals per portion, 14g fat.