Thank you to Rukmini Iyer, author of “The Roasting Tin Around The World” for this recipes. Makes a lovely lunch or light supper.
Personally, I would reduce the honey and halve the oil, but then I’m no fun.
3oog baby carrots whole
225g halloumi cut into 1/2 cm slices
1 red onion, cut into chunks
handful of lemon thyme
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsps olive oil (might be able to get away with less)
1 x 400g tin cannellini beans
50g walnuts roughly chopped
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 180C fanc / 200C / gas
1. Tip baby carrots, halloumi and onion into roasting tin large enough to hold everything in one layer.
2. Mix through oil, thyme and cumin.
3. Transfer to oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, until halloumi golden brown and carrots are just cooked through.
4. Meanwhile mix the beans, walnuts, extea virgin oil, honey, lemon zest and juice and salt and set aside.
5. When all cooked, stir bean mix and rocket through the roasted carrots and halloumi and serve with yogurt and flatbreads.